Wondering how to fix the Samsung dishwasher error code 4C? We got you covered!
To fix the “4c error code” from the Samsung dishwasher, you need to inspect and unclog the water valve, inlet hose, and filter to clear the water pathways.
However, if the error code persists, then you need to inspect other directly-involved hardware pieces.
Let’s find out what causes 4C errors on dishwashers before moving on to troubleshooting!
4C Error Code Samsung Dishwasher – Causes & Reasons!
When there is no water pressure, the dishwasher shows the 4C error code. It usually occurs when the water supply valve is shut off, multiple taps are open simultaneously, or your home’s water pressure is low.
Most frequently, the error occurs when the appliance’s water flow is compromised by blocked paths.
To make the troubleshooting process simpler, it is crucial to understand the causes of the error before going on to its repair.
- Insufficient water supply
- Defective or Clogged Water inlet valve
- Defective Inlet Hose
- Clogged or dirty filters
- Dishwasher Bug or Glitch
- Low water pressure
- Defective Control Board
Samsung Dishwasher Error Code 4C – Fixed in Minutes!
Here is the easiest way to solve Samsung dishwasher error 4C code:
1. Clean The Dishwasher Filters!
It is important to regularly clean the dishwasher’s filter because, over time, dirt particles can accumulate and form a thick layer, which can restrict the flow of water.
Therefore, it is crucial to clean the filter daily to keep it free from dirt built up.
Here is how to clean the Samsung dishwasher filters:
- Turn off the dishwasher power supply.
- Open the Samsung dishwasher door.
- Remove the lower rack from the appliance.
- Remove the dishes if there are any.
- Rotate the filter assembly counterclockwise.
- Lift the filter assembly and take the filter out.
- Remove the coarse filter and fine filter.
- Clean the coarse filters under running water.
- Next, use a soft brush and scrub the filters.
- Wash away all the dirt from the filters.
- Reassemble the coarse filter and fine filter.
This should be enough to refresh the filters in your Samsung dishwasher so when you’re ready test and check whether the error 4C is going to appear!
2. Change The Power Source
The Samsung dishwasher control board will frequently show faulty error codes when there is a bug or insufficient power supply.
Maybe the reason why Samsung dishwasher 4C code appears is due to power fluctuations from the electrical outlet.
- Simply, plug your Samsung dishwasher into a different outlet!
In case that’s not possible in your situation, disconnect all other devices from the power strip or temporarily connect the dishwasher directly to the power.
Note: Avoid using smart plugs for a demanding machine such as a dishwasher!
3. Soft-Reset The Samsung Dishwasher!
The soft reset does not erase any of the dishwasher’s settings, hence it’s a safe and working method that discharges and refreshes your device.
Here is how to power cycle the Samsung dishwasher:
- Unplug the dishwasher from the power.
- Wait for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Press and hold all buttons for 2 seconds each.
- Plug the dishwasher into a power source.
- Test whether error 4C is still there.
After resetting the dishwasher, be sure to turn on the inlet valve and run a wash cycle if the error 4C appears again.
If it does, then no worries, simply move on and try the following ways!
4. Inspect The Water Supply
It’s important to check the water supply in your home and for the dishwasher next since the 4C error appears because of inadequate power and pressure.
First, ensure that the dishwasher water supply valve is fully opened and that the water is running.
Also, check if there are too many taps in use then try to turn off some of them, so the machine can get enough water pressure.
If you know that there is something wrong with your home water supply, then without waiting further, call a professional for additional assistance.
Note: You can identify household water issues if the air starts coming out of sync!
5. Check The Water Inlet Valve
If you have already checked the water supply and are sure that the inlet valve is fully open, but the error still displays on the panel, then you need to clean the inlet valve.
The valve easily gets clogged right where the floating switch is hence, water can’t pass through.
Alert: Cleaning or replacing the dishwasher inlet valve is a challenging task!
Here is how to check the dishwasher’s water inlet valve:
- Turn off the power supply to the machine.
- Unscrew the dishwasher’s lower access panel.
- Turn off the water supply from the inlet valve.
- Disconnect the water supply line.
- Unscrew and disconnect the inlet valve.
- Check the valve for any debris or dirt.
- Soak the inlet valve in a mix of lukewarm water and vinegar.
- Let the valve soak for about 30 minutes.
- Clean the inlet valve with a soft-bristled brush or a toothbrush.
- Wash the valve with water and leave the valve to dry.
- Connect the inlet valve back and reconnect the water supply line.
- Screw the lower panel back into the dishwasher.
After cleaning the inlet valve, turn on the power supply and check for the 4C error code!
6. Clean The Water Inlet Hose
It is very important to clean the Samsung dishwasher filter and hose regularly since it often gets fully clogged, kinked, bent, or defective.
That generally means that the water flow is impacted, which is one of the reasons for error 4C.
Here is how to clean the Samsung dishwasher inlet hose:
- Unplug the dishwasher from the outlet.
- Locate the inlet hose from the back of the dishwasher.
- Turn off the water supply from the valve.
- Disconnect the hose from the machine using pliers or a wrench.
- Hold the hose and pull it away from the dishwasher.
- Run lukewarm water inside the hose for a few minutes.
- Then make a mix of warm water and soap.
- Soak the hose in the liquid mix for about 20 minutes.
- Clean the hose properly using a long bristled brush.
- Wash away the dirt from the hose under the running water.
- Reassemble the hose by screwing it into the dishwasher.
- Then turn on the water supply and check for error 4C.
In case the error mysteriously is still on the Samsung dishwasher’s screen keep reading!
7. Test The Water Pressure!
The Samsung dishwasher requires a water pressure between 50 to 120 psi for proper functioning.
Maybe your dishwasher is not getting enough water pressure and assuming that there is no water, which is what can bring up error 4C on the screen.
Here is how to perform a water pressure test:
- Close all of your home taps.
- Next, turn on the kitchen tap fully.
- Connect the Pressure Gauge with a tap.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Then look for the water pressure.
Tip: If the water pressure is low, contact a plumber to fix your home water pressure issue!
8. Replace The Control Board
If you have tried the above steps but the Samsung dishwasher 4C error is still showing, then possibly your machine control board is defective.
Usually, the control board gets defective because of electrical shock or water droplets so to justify we need to perform an inspection.
Alert: If you haven’t any technical knowledge, call a professional!
Here is how to inspect and replace the Samsung dishwasher control board:
- Unplug the Samsung dishwasher from the power.
- Based on the model, unscrew the access panel.
- Tip: The panel could be on the front or on the back.
- Note down the wires’ orientation or take a photo.
- Disconnect the wires from the control board.
- Remove the control board mounting screws.
- Disconnect the control board and take it out.
- Acquire and install the new control board.
- Secure the screws and all connecting wires.
- Connect the access panel back and test.
If you have tried all the above ways but the 4C error code is still appearing on the dishwasher then it is better to call a professional for help.
Reach out to Samsung Support or call a local technician to perform an inspection.
To fix the Samsung dishwasher error code 4C, clean the filters, inlet valve, and inlet hose, and hard reset the dishwasher.
Then test the water pressure, and also check your home’s water supply before inspecting and eventually replacing faulty hardware components.
- Hisense TV Screen Mirroring Without WiFi – Fool Proof Guide - September 30, 2023
- How To Make TCL Roku TV Go Straight To Cable? - September 30, 2023
- Can I View My Wyze Camera On My PC? – Fool Proof Guide - September 30, 2023