Wondering why the Samsung dishwasher touchpad not working? Well, we’ll cover everything you need to know in this guide, so keep reading!
The Samsung dishwasher touchpad could not be working due to accumulated moisture on the touchpad, technical or electrical issues, low power supply, and many more.
The solution requires inspecting all possibilities in an individual manner!
Let’s unwrap more!
Why Is Samsung Dishwasher Keypad Not Working?
If the keypad on your Samsung dishwasher is not working, it could be due to several factors so we’ll need to review each of them separately.
Here’s a list of all possibilities that are involved:
- Insufficient power supply
- Control lock activation
- Technical or electrical bug
- Loose wiring connections
- Moisture on touchpad
- Loose wiring connection
- Faulty touchpad or panel
- A defective main control board
Now that we have identified the causes, let’s start troubleshooting the touchpad!
Samsung Dishwasher Touchpad Not Working – 1 Minute Fix!
Tip: Follow the steps consecutively to solve the problem as soon as possible!
1. Refresh the Power Supply!
Sometimes the dishwasher touchpad does not respond because of bugs or glitches due to power surges or recent outages.
So, the step is to restart the dishwasher to refresh the appliance’s power supply and hopefully, the touchpad would regain its functionality.
Here is how to refresh the power to the dishwasher:
- Unplug the dishwasher power cord from the socket.
- Turn off the circuit breaker from the main switch.
- Wait for about 2 minutes and flip the breaker.
- Plug the dishwasher power cord into the socket.
One More Thing!
After restarting the appliance, check to see if the touchpad is lit up and if the buttons on the touchpad are responsive.
If not, plug your dishwasher into another outlet because it’s likely that the current electrical socket is malfunctioning or faulty.
Note: Plug your Samsung dishwasher directly into the power outlet!
2. Clean the Touchpad
The Samsung dishwasher touchpad will become unresponsive when it’s greasy, wet or accumulated with moisture.
So make sure to clean the touchpad to get rid of any potential greasiness or moisture and also be sure to dry your hands before touching the buttons!
Here is how to clean the moisture from the dishwasher touchpad:
- Unplug the dishwasher from the power outlet.
- Clean the touchpad using a soft and dry cloth.
- Make sure the touchpad is completely dry.
- Then plug the dishwasher into the outlet.
Note: Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scouring pads on the dishwasher touchpad.
3. Reset the Dishwasher!
Next, reset the Samsung dishwasher’s main settings because restarting the appliance does not always clear out the dishwasher control board and touchpad glitches.
Don’t worry, resetting the appliance does not affect its functionality; rather, it restores its settings.
Note: The way to reset the Samsung dishwasher may vary between models!
Here is how to reset the Samsung dishwasher:
- Plug your dishwasher into a power outlet.
- Locate the Reset button from the dishwasher.
- Press and hold the Start / Reset button.
- Keep pressing the button for about 5 seconds.
- Then release the button and wait for a few moments.
- Again, press the Start / Reset button to reset the system.
- Locate the Smart Control button.
- Press and hold the Smart Control button.
- Hold until the “AP” flash on the panel.
- Next, push the Hi-Temp Wash button.
- Hold for 5 seconds until the dishwasher chimes.
- Unplug the dishwasher from the power source.
- Then turn on the dishwasher after some while.
In case the touchpad remains unresponsive, proceed with the next step!
4. Deactivate the “Child Lock”
It’s possible that you unintentionally activated the Child Lock feature on your dishwasher and that is why the touchpad isn’t working.
As you’ve guessed this feature disables all buttons on the touchpad to prevent the little ones from interacting with the machine.
- To deactivate the Child Lock, close the dishwasher door, and then press and hold the Control Lock / Multi tab button for about 3 seconds!
Note: If your dishwasher does not have these options, consult the unit manual for the exact steps to disable the child's lock!
5.Check for Delayed Activation!
Besides the child lock, there is a delayed activation on your Samsung dishwasher, which also disables all touchpad buttons.
This option works when you set a timer for a wash cycle with a delayed start, which disables all touchpad buttons until the cycle time comes and completes.
- To cancel the Delay settings from the Samsung dishwasher, press the Cancel button from the control panel or reset the dishwasher!
In case you’re confident that there are no locks activated on your dishwasher, keep reading!
6. Test the Dishwasher Touchpad
If you have checked all of the above components but the touchpad is still not working, test it to see if some buttons are not working or if the entire touchpad is not functioning.
This would suggest how to proceed from here on, so press ALL buttons on the touchpad.
- If all buttons are not working, you need to check the wiring connection.
- If only some of the buttons are not working, replace the touchpad.
Note: In case only some of the buttons are not working, check for any liquid that might make buttons suck or for other obstructions such as dust and dirt accumulation.
7. Inspect the Touchpad Wiring!
Sometimes the wiring between the touchpad and the main control board becomes defective or becomes loose and causes the touchpad to stop working.
Simply, check the wiring connection by following the steps below:
- Turn off the dishwasher and disconnect from the power.
- Open the dishwasher door and unscrew the control panel.
- Gently remove the l panel to check the wiring connections.
- Tip: Inspect the wires between the touchpad and the control board.
- Check the connectors for any signs of damage, and burnt spots.
- Tighten all wires into their respective ports on the panel.
Once you are done checking the wiring, turn on the dishwasher and press each button on the touchpad to see if they’re responding.
In case the buttons don’t respond, keep reading!
8. Replace the Panel & Touchpad
Sometimes the touchpad or control panel becomes faulty due to electrical surges, bad outlets, or simply a malfunction within the components.
This is normal after years of usage and if the warranty is over, feel free to order and replace the control panel and touchpad at home!
Note: Disconnecting the panel and touchpad from the assembly, voids the device’s warranty!
Here is how to replace the Samsung dishwasher touchpad and control panel:
- Unplug the Samsung dishwasher from the power socket.
- Open the dishwasher door to unscrew the control panel.
- Also, unscrew the door from the inside that holds the outdoor panel.
- Then, take out the control panel console from the door.
- Disconnect the wire connector from the assembly.
- Set up a new control panel and touchpad console.
- Connect the wire connector to the control panel console.
- Tightly screw the door panels to secure the doors.
- Plug in the dishwasher in the power socket.
- Test by pressing the buttons on the touchpad.
Info: Some Samsung dishwasher models allow only touchpad replacement while others require a replacement of the entire assembly (plus the control panel).
9. Replace the Main Control Board
If the touchpad and wiring connections are all in working order, but your Samsung dishwasher keypad is still not working, replace the main control board.
Don’t worry, the control board often fails and replacement is the only option and it’s easy for all users to perform at home!
Here is how to replace the Samsung dishwasher control board:
- Turn off the Samsung dishwasher power source.
- Unscrew the access panel from the device’s front.
- Locate the board and note down the wire’s orientation.
- Disconnect the wires from the dishwasher control board.
- Undo the control board mounting screws to lift the board.
- Set up the new control board and secure it with the screws.
- Reconnect the wires to the control board in the same orientation.
- Connect the unit access panel back and test the touchpad.
Note: In case none of the steps in this guide helped, feel free to contact Samsung Support if your dishwasher touchpad problem persists!
Whenever your Samsung dishwasher touchpad not working, restart or reset the unit, clean the touchpad, and make sure child lock and delay mode is deactivated.
In addition, also test and check the wiring of the touchpad or replace any identified and faulty pieces.
- Hisense TV Screen Mirroring Without WiFi – Fool Proof Guide - September 30, 2023
- How To Make TCL Roku TV Go Straight To Cable? - September 30, 2023
- Can I View My Wyze Camera On My PC? – Fool Proof Guide - September 30, 2023