Sometimes the Samsung dishwasher beeps 3 times, and that requires your attention!
The Samsung dishwasher has many smart features, among which the three beeps will let you know when something is wrong.
However, if no message is shown, detecting the cause becomes harder.
If your Samsung dishwasher beeps three times with no message error, you must try fixing some components: the door mechanism, gasket, cleaning product supply, loading, valves, and even the pressure.
Let’s see how to address the situation correctly and safely!
Samsung Dishwasher Beeps 3 Times – 7 Working Solutions
Solution #1: Fix The Door Mechanism
It is common for fasteners securing the dishwasher door to experience loosening or detachment.
Consequently, improper sealing may lead to water leakage from the tub, potentially reaching the surrounding floor area.
Inspect The Door
Turn the dishwasher off, and let’s check the door’s condition.
- Utilizing an appropriate screwdriver, tighten any loose screws detected during the inspection.
- Replace missing screws.
- Check if the hinge has damages or flaws.
Replace The Hinge
You will need a hex socket or nut driver measuring 1/4 inch in diameter for the hinge replacement process.
Follow these steps:
- Remove the bottom screw holding the current hinge in place.
- Carefully slide out the old hinge from its position.
- Install the new door hinge securely in place.
- Perform the necessary adjustments and reinstallation of the door and hinge pins.
- Reconnect the door wiring and securely fasten the cables.
- Hook the wires appropriately.
Reassemble all the components that were removed during the process.
Once everything is properly assembled, turn the dishwasher on and check if the beeping is gone.
Solution #2: Check The Correct Loading
Samsung dishwasher beeps three times with no error code? The three beeps you’ve heard might also concern the dishwasher’s loading capacity.
When that happens, you must pause the process and open the door to check the racks.
Some guidelines will help you:
- Ensure that there aren’t too many dishes inside each of the racks;
- Check that the dishes are not arranged in a way that blocks the spray arms’ movement;
The beeping should stop if you do the above and close the door.
Solution #3: Verify The Cleaning Products
The three beeps can also indicate an issue with the detergent or rinse aid load.
Perhaps the dispenser is not able to take the products to where they should, or there is too little of each.
- Locate the dispensers.
- Remove all detergent and rinse aid from them.
- Ensure you clean them well.
- Unclog their openings if you can access them.
Ensure you load enough of each cleaning product for the next wash cycle. If the three beeps resound again, you must try adding more detergent.
Let’s move to the next solution if that doesn’t fix the problem.
Solution #4: Unclog The Dishwasher
Samsung dishwasher beeping 3 times? The occurrence of three beeps may indicate potential issues related to the dishwasher’s draining capabilities.
Fortunately, several systematic steps can be taken to address this matter.
- Locate the drain connection at the sink.
- Carefully detach the drain connection.
- Thoroughly inspect the interior for clogging or obstruction.
- Detach any hoses connected to the drain and check for clogging.
- Conduct a thorough cleaning to eliminate all accumulated dirt and debris from the drain connection and hoses.
After cleaning, run water in the sink to verify improved draining performance.
Clean The Internal Filter
The dishwasher’s internal filter demands meticulous cleaning to ensure proper functioning. Its clogging can put the entire dishwasher’s functionality at risk.
- Twist the filter to unlock and remove it.
- Rinse it under running water to remove all clogged food and dirt.
- Utilize a vinegar and bicarbonate solution to eliminate persistent residues.
- Let the filter dry.
- Reattach it to the dishwasher.
After reattaching the filter, start a cleaning cycle. That would be a regular cycle with vinegar and bicarbonate added.
Clean The Air Gap And Check Valve
You might want to clean other components: the air gap, and check valve.
Here you go:
- Carefully disassemble the air gap and check the valve.
- Check their internal parts.
- Thoroughly clean these parts to eliminate all dirt and debris.
Reassemble those components when they are clean and dry.
Solution #5: Check The Water Inlet Valve
The inlet valve in your washing machine serves the crucial function of allowing water to enter the washer.
When this component fails, the washing machine won’t be able to draw water from the supply hose, leading to operational issues.
How To Check
Check if the washing machine is receiving water from the supply hose. If not, the inlet valve could be the culprit.
- Unscrew the top panel and control panel of the washing machine.
- Disconnect the hoses connected to the inlet valve.
- Remove the screws securing the inlet valve in place.
- Disconnect the wire harness from the inlet valve.
Use a multimeter and test the valve for continuity. If there is no continuity, keep reading below.
How To Replace
Once you’ve determined the need for a replacement, proceed with these steps:
- Purchase a new inlet valve (must be the correct model).
- Set the new inlet valve in place.
- Reconnect the wire harness to the new inlet valve.
- Secure the screws.
- Attach the hoses to the new inlet valve.
Reassemble the other components, including the top panel and control panel. After that, turn the dishwasher on and check how it behaves.
Solution #6: Replace The Door Gasket
It is essential to verify if it is simply dusty or dirty due to prolonged dishwashing cycles. Over time, the gasket can accumulate grime and debris.
- Carefully inspect the entire length of the gasket for any signs of dirt, debris, or damage.
- If you find any areas where the gasket might be loosened, tighten it appropriately.
- Wash the gasket with warm water and soap to remove accumulated dust and dirt.
How To Replace
If the door still doesn’t close properly, causing the annoying beeping, there might be an issue with the gasket.
In this case, follow these steps to replace it:
- Start pulling at one side of the gasket.
- Carefully pull it away from the channel.
- Grab the new gasket.
- Leave a portion of the new component reaching beyond the bottom of the way.
- Press about six inches of the new gasket firmly into the way.
- Ensure that the lip of the gasket borders outside.
- Do the same on the other side, securing the gasket ends.
Tip: As you place the remaining portion of the gasket into the channel, stretch it gently to fit properly.
Solution #7: Ensure Enough Water Pressure
The beeping could also result from a lack of enough water pressure. That way, the dishwasher cannot receive enough water to wash the dishes when needed.
Here are the steps you must take to verify and correct the situation:
- Locate the water supply valve situated behind the dishwasher.
- If the valve appears partially closed, rotate it counterclockwise to open it fully.
- If the valve is already fully open, perform the opposite action to close it partially.
Check The Internal Components
Some dirty internal components can also cause a lack of enough pressure. Let’s see which ones you need to inspect and clean.
But first, disconnect the dishwasher from its power source before proceeding.
- Locate and remove the inlet hose connected to the back of the dishwasher. Thoroughly inspect the hose for any kinks or clogs obstructing water flow.
- If any kinks or blockages are detected in the inlet hose, carefully rectify them to restore smooth water flow.
- Examine the inlet filter for any debris or blockages hindering water flow. Remove any obstructions found and ensure the filter is thoroughly cleaned.
- Clean the spray arms to remove any potential buildup or debris that could impede their function.
Whenever your Samsung dishwasher beeps 3 times, the system tells you something is out of order.
The guide above has shown you many ways of dealing with the situation since no message error is shown.
Do you need other sorts of help with dishwashers? We have many articles to help you!
- Wyze Camera Notifications Not Working? – (Complete Fix Guide) - September 26, 2023
- Westinghouse TV No Signal? – (Foolproof Fix Guide) - September 26, 2023
- Is Your Kasa Smart Plug Offline? – (Quick Fix Guide) - September 26, 2023