Wondering why the Nvidia SHIELD Chromecast not working? We’ve got you covered here!
Nvidia SHIELD is an amazing device for casting entertainment content. Well, the Chromecast technology might not always work, especially when the setup hasn’t been correctly performed.
This is why in this guide we’ve got everything covered in easy steps and working solutions.
The Nvidia SHIELD Chromecast technology won’t work when the TV and casting device are not connected to the same WiFi.
In addition, network errors that can impact the cast performance also involve incorrect device date & time as well as many OS-related errors.
Let’s first check the correct way of casting to Nvidia SHIELD!
How To Cast To Nvidia SHIELD? – Easy Steps!
There’s a chance that you’ve attempted the wrong method for connecting your casting device to your SHIELD, which is why the casting isn’t working.
Don’t worry, we have the correct and proven steps to cast content from any Google Cast-enabled device to Nvidia SHIELD.
Reminder: The Google casting is available on both Android and iOS devices!
Here is how to cast to the Nvidia SHIELD:
- Connect your Nvidia SHIELD to an HDMI-enabled television.
- Connect your casting device and SHIELD to the same WiFi.
- Open a Google Cast-enabled app such as Chrome or YouTube.
- Locate and tap on the Cast icon in the Cast-enabled platform.
- Select the Nvidia SHIELD device on which you’d want to cast.
- Find and tap on the Play option on your casting source device.
- Content will automatically begin to play on your Nvidia SHIELD.
In case you’re following the correct steps but the casting won’t work, let’s proceed!
How To Fix When Nvidia SHIELD Chromecast Not Working?
Tip: Apply the solutions in the order that they are listed!
1. Restart The SHIELD & Casting Device
Sometimes, the reason why you’re unable to cast to Nvidia SHIELD is due to temporary bugs or glitches in the devices that can sometimes prevent them from connecting.
So, the very first and quickest method to attempt is to power cycle both instances and attempt casting content again!
Here is how to restart the Nvidia SHIELD and casting device:
Restart The Casting Device:
- Locate the Power button from the side of the cast device.
- Press and hold the power button for at least 5 seconds.
- Choose the Restart or Shutdown option from the prompt.
- Your casting device will turn off or automatically restart.
Restart The Nvidia SHIELD:
- Locate the Power button from the back of your Nvidia SHIELD.
- Long press and hold the Power button to turn off the SHIELD.
- Release the button when the Nvidia logo appears on the screen.
Info: The steps above will entirely refresh your setup so, according to the steps earlier in the guide, re-attempt to cast from your device!
2. Correct the Time & Date Settings!
You may not consider this factor, but incorrect date and time settings will frequently prevent the Nvidia SHIELD from chrome casting.
This happens because network errors are caused due to an invalid date or time zone on your device.
Simply check that both devices are set to the same correct date and time zone, and then re-attempt Chromecast on the Nvidia SHIELD.
Note: Ensure that the casting device is showing the correct time and date!
Here is how to inspect the date and time settings:
- Navigate to your device’s home screen.
- Tap on the Settings gear icon to enter.
- Choose the Device Preferences option.
- Locate and tap on the Date & Time option.
- Tap on the Automatic Date & Time.
- Choose the option Use Network Provided.
Set To Automatic But Still Not Chromecasting?
You need to then manually set the date and time settings.
- Go to device Date & Time settings.
- Tap on the Automatic Date & Time.
- Choose the OFF option.
- Tap on the Set Date option and adjust.
- Next, tap on the Set Time and adjust.
In case that doesn’t work also, continue with the next step!
3. Inspect the Network Connection!
The Chromecast on Nvidia SHIELD works only when both the SHIELD and the casting device are connected to the same WiFi network.
If you have already connected devices to the same network but the chromecasting issue persists, your network is experiencing a speed issue.
- All you have to do is power cycle your WiFi router to stabilize the network!
Here is how to power cycle the WiFi router:
- Unplug the WiFi router from the power outlet.
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the router.
- Wait for up to 3 to 5 minutes for a power cycle.
- Reconnect the Ethernet cable back to the router.
- Plug the WiFi router back into the power outlet.
Once you are finished and you are sure both devices are connected to the same fast-speed network, you can cast content to your Nvidia SHIELD. Continue reading if the issue persists!
Note: Make sure that the VPN is not enabled on any device!
4. Update Nvidia SHIELD Chromecast!
Possibly the software of the inbuilt Chromecast technology app is outdated, which is why Chromecast not working on Nvidia SHIELD.
The primary reason is compatibility issues, hence, it’s recommended to carry out an update before proceeding further!
Here is how to update the Chromecast built-in app:
- Find the Google Play Store app and enter.
- Tap on the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Search for the Chromecast built-in app.
- Tap on the Chromecast app when it appears.
- Check and click on the Update button if available.
- Wait until the app update is completed and test.
When you’re done, restart your devices and try casting to the Nvidia SHIELD device!
5. Update Casting Device’s Firmware!
It’s also very important to update your setup involving the Nvidia SHIELD and casting device!
Check Updates For The Nvidia SHIELD:
- Power on your Nvidia SHIELD device.
- Navigate to the Settings of the device.
- Locate and tap on About SHIELD.
- Next, press the System Updates.
- Select the Check Now option to scan.
- Press on the Restart & Install option.
Check Updates For The Casting Device:
- Navigate to your Casting device Settings.
- Locate and tap on the About option from the list.
- Choose the option System Updates to scan for updates.
- Then check for the available updates option.
- If the Update is available, tap on the Update option.
- Wait until the installation of the update on your device.
Note: Out-of-date apps and devices might not be able to communicate with one another!
6. Clear Chromecast Built-In Details!
Over time the apps will build up a large storage of cache, and data which will start to slow down the performance of the app and SHIELD.
In your case, the Chromecast in-built app cache might be the culprit why the screencasting won’t work so it’s best to clear the data and start fresh!
Here is how to clear the Chromecast built-in app details:
- Turn on your Nvidia SHIELD device.
- Go to the Settings of the device.
- Locate and tap on the Apps option.
- Then choose the option All Apps.
- Locate the Inbuilt Chromecast app.
- Tap on the Force Stop or Close option.
- Go to Clear Cache and tap on Clear Data.
Tip: Also, clear the cache of the Cast-enabled application on your casting device!
7. Factory Reset Nvidia SHIELD
If your Nvidia SHIELD is still not chrome casting after trying every troubleshooting method in this guide, then, the factory reset will help.
Remember that resetting your device will erase all of the saved settings, configurations, and preferences so create a backup if needed.
Here is how to factory reset the Nvidia SHIELD:
- Turn on your Nvidia SHIELD.
- Navigate to the Home screen.
- Tap on the Settings gear icon from the top left.
- Locate and tap on the Device Preferences.
- Press on the Reset option from the list.
- Tap on the Reset button to confirm the start.
Note: When ready, follow the steps at the beginning of the guide to cast to Nvidia SHIELD.
Need More Help!
If the Chromecast problem on your Nvidia SHIELD persists, you need to seek professional guidance.
To acquire the help you need, contact Nvidia Support by emailing them the details and providing a screenshot of the issue that you’re facing.
If your Nvidia SHIELD Chromecast not working, power cycle your setup and router, then connect them to the same and stable WiFi network. In addition, check the date and time settings, update the Chromecast app on your Nvidia SHIELD, and clear the cache data!
If you have found this post helpful, follow us for more!
- Hisense TV Screen Mirroring Without WiFi – Fool Proof Guide - September 30, 2023
- How To Make TCL Roku TV Go Straight To Cable? - September 30, 2023
- Can I View My Wyze Camera On My PC? – Fool Proof Guide - September 30, 2023