Is your Levoit air purifier fan not working? We will provide all the solutions!
The Levoit air purifier makes all the difference for your health if you live in a place with too much air pollution.
However, the effect won’t be the same once you notice that the device’s fan is still.
Fixing the Levoir air purifier’s fan can be straightforward if there’s no lodged plastic in the filter, no clogging, and not placed in a crowded space. If the issue persists, inspect the power cord and the motor to determine whether it’s a mechanical or electrical problem.
Learn how to troubleshoot your Levoit Air Purifier in quick steps!
Levoit Air Purifier Fan Not Working – Check 8 Solutions!
Solution #1: Remove Lodged Plastic From The Filter
Has the Levoit air purifier fan stopped working after installing a new filter? That means you have forgotten the plastic on it!
If you notice it quickly, there is not much to worry about. However, you should always double-check and not leave the plastic lodged.
After all, you could damage the device’s internal components.
- Open the device.
- Disassemble the filter.
- Remove the lodged plastic.
- Dispose of it.
- Reassemble the device.
Turn the Air Purifier on and check if the fan works as intended.
Solution #2: Switch The Speed (Trick)
Here, we will explain a quick solution. However, its working will indicate an electronic or software failure on your air purifier.
Do the following:
- Ensure the device is plugged in.
- Turn it on.
- Switch the speed until you see the fan start to move.
If it works, the problem is the speed control/switch rather than the fan.
If your device is still under warranty, you must contact Levoit. It means the control panel has a small failure if it is not.
How To Fix The Failure
Are you the type of person who can fix anything? Then you can open the Levoit’s control panel and look for the defective spot.
Here is what you will do:
- Find where the control panel is attached to the device.
- Unscrew it.
- Remove it with a thin plastic wedge tool.
- Verify the internal wiring and check for anything loose.
- Tighten the wires so the miscommunication won’t happen again.
After that, reassemble the device and see how it behaves.
Note: The Levoit Air Purifier's panel control is very delicate. Don't disassemble it if you don't have experience with this type of device.
Solution #3: Reinstall The Filter
Different types of Levoit Air Purifiers exist, meaning different filters might be used.
Some of them leave room for bad installation: perhaps it is not seated properly, it is in the inverted position, etc.
So, just to make sure:
- Turn the device off.
- Unplug it.
- Remove the filter cover.
- Take the filter out.
- Check the filter’s condition.
- Grab your device’s user guide.
- Follow the instructions to insert the filter correctly.
Solution #4: Place The Device Elsewhere
Are you sure you have placed your Levoit Air Purifier somewhere proper?
The question makes sense when you think that an air purifier needs some space for the air to circulate.
If air can’t come in and out of it neatly, the system will overload, overheat, or get clogged quickly.
- Don’t place it between furniture that is too close to each other.
- Also, don’t place it beside a sofa or other furniture that accumulates too much dust (as that will quickly clog your air purifier).
Solution #5: Clean The Filter
The filter on your Levoit air purifier is crucial for the device’s correct functioning.
It might get clogged once in a while, and that will compromise the fan’s activation.
So, if you haven’t cleaned your air purifier’s filter in a while, it is time to do it now:
- Remove the filter from inside the air purifier.
- Use a vacuum cleaner.
- Gently remove the debris and dirt with the vacuum cleaner.
- If more dirt is still trapped, grab a dry cloth.
- Rub the dry cloth very gently.
Alert: The Levoit Air Purifier's filter should not be cleaned with water! Rather, use only the materials instructed in the steps above. The filter is very fragile and will be damaged when water touches it.
Solution #6: Perform A Full Clean
Have you cleaned the filter, but the issue remains? Depending on the filter’s dirt, you might have a good idea of your air purifier’s internal state.
If it is too dirty, that’s an indication you need to carry the cleaning to the entire device’s interior.
So you must proceed like this:
- Unplug your air purifier.
- Detach the filter cover.
- Take the filter from inside.
- Grab a vacuum cleaner to remove dirt from inside the purifier.
- Install the replacement filter.
Reset The Filter Replacement Indicator
If your filter was hopelessly dirty, you certainly replaced it. When you do that, you must “tell” the air purifier you did so.
There is a filter indicator button that detects a replacement is necessary, and you must reset it once the change is performed.
- Locate the filter indicator button.
- Press it for three to five seconds.
- The red light on the indicator should turn off.
Prevent Further Issues
You need to consider some measures when you have an air purifier.
They will help make your air purifier last long:
- Clean the filter weekly.
- Allow enough airflow around your air purifier, which means not putting it too close to furniture.
- Check the air purifier’s temperature. If you notice it is too hot, that might be a sign the electric circuit is not working well.
Solution #7: Test The Motor
Beyond the basic care procedures you must take with your air purifier, it could truly be damaged.
The air purifier has a motor that makes the device turn the fan, collect air, and send the purified air out. The motor might get clogged, damaged, or dry over time.
Here is how you can check:
- Unplug the air purifier.
- Open/disassemble it.
- Locate the motor.
- Clean around it if necessary.
- Lubricate it.
- Reassemble the device and attempt to turn it on.
Remove The Motor To Inspect
Moreover, removing the motor and seeing if there is further debris around it inside the air purifier might be necessary.
- Disassemble the motor from the device.
- Check for damage.
- See if there is debris inside the air purifier.
- Clean any debris left by the damaged motor.
When you disassemble the motor, you must also check its condition.
If you see it is damaged, you have to buy a replacement. Since the motor comes out easily, no trick is necessary to replace it.
Solution #8: Check The Power
Two situations could happen: the Levoit air purifier turns on, but the fan doesn’t work, or the device doesn’t even turn on when connected to the outlet.
So, we have to test a few possibilities to determine what is happening.
Let’s start with the outlet:
- Unplug your air purifier.
- Find another device with the same power rating as your Levoit.
- Plug it into the outlet.
- Check if it works.
Perhaps all other devices work without issues in that outlet. If that is true, the issue lies in your Levoit air purifier.
Test The Power Cord
A multimeter is required for this part of the troubleshooting:
- Touch the multimeter’s probes to the cord’s end.
- Set to continuity.
- If no continuity shows up, the cord is defective.
How To Replace?
You must only replace the power cord if the product’s warranty has expired.
It is no big deal:
- Buy a power cord with the correct power specifications as your device.
- Disassemble the air purifier very carefully (don’t lose any screws or components!).
- Detach the old power cord and discard it.
- Install the new power cord.
- Reassemble the air purifier.
Once the device is reassembled, you must plug it into power and test to see if it turns on and the fan works fine.
Perhaps your Levoit air purifier fan is not working because of a silly issue, such as accumulated dust inside its filter.
The guide above has solutions for simple and hard situations, too, so you can’t go wrong if you follow the steps closely.
We hope you can keep your house’s air fresh now!
- How To Connect DirecTV Remote To Roku TV? – (Complete Guide) - September 19, 2023
- Prime Video 4K Playing 1080p? – (Best Working Solutions) - September 19, 2023
- Crunchyroll Subtitles Out Of Sync? – (Proven Solutions) - September 19, 2023