Wondering why VTech baby monitor app not working? Let’s find out together!
If your VTech baby monitor app isn’t functioning, you might not operate the camera or even access the streaming feed.
VTech app issues are common among users and if you are going through the same scenario, stay with us throughout the guide to learn the solution!
To fix the VTech monitor app issue you will need to check for outages and perform a power circulation on your setup.
Furthermore, you should inspect the monitor setup, check your internet connection and, if necessary, perform a clean system reset.
Now let’s go further to know more about causes, so troubleshooting the app will become easy!
Why Vtech 1080p Baby Monitor App Not Working?
The VTech 1080p mobile app may not work for different reasons involving many factors that we’ll be concerned about next.
However, this problem can be resolved easily with a few simple steps, but before attempting troubleshooting, it is important to understand the causes.
The following are the frequent reasons for not working VTech baby monitor app:
- Outdated VTech Mobile App Firmware
- App Experiencing Bugs or Glitches
- Unstable or Poor Network Connection
- VTech Server Unplanned Outage
- VTech Application Not Set Up Correctly
- The camera or Monitor is not turned on
- Inappropriate Application Settings
- Corrupted Application Data (Cache)
As you have a clear understanding of the causes, let’s work on troubleshooting!
How To Fix When VTech Baby Monitor App Not Working?
Next, we’ll discuss some simple yet useful troubleshooting techniques that you may use to resolve the baby monitor app connection issues.
It is important to attempt all of the solutions in this guide to be confident that you’ve attempted everything on your side!
Solution #1 Inspect Camera & Monitor
While the app attempts to connect, the camera and monitor must be turned on and connected to the network.
Otherwise, the baby monitor app may not work if the devices are powered off or not connected to WiFi you can’t expect the application to behave normally.
Note: Make sure that the Camera and Monitor are already set up on the Baby Monitor app!
Solution #2 Check For Maintances!
It’s common for apps to have connectivity issues and this may usually be caused when a server goes down.
Since we can’t know whether it’s maintenance or not, it’s best to check before continuing any further.
How To Check VTech Server Status?
- On any device with Online Browser.
- Go to VTech Official Twitter Page.
- Scroll down to find the latest tweets.
This way you’ll be able to notice whether there’s any reported maintenance, and how long it would approximately last.
Hence, if there’s an outage, be patient and try again later, if no maintenance has been reported, simply jump to the next solution in our guide!
Solution #3 Power Cycle Your Setup!
Any wireless setup is prone to acquiring unknown bugs and glitches, that can impact not only the mobile app but also the connected devices.
Maybe there’s a bug in the baby camera, monitor, or app that prevents the connection, hence making the software buggy and glitchy.
Here is how to power cycle the devices involved in your setup:
- Turn OFF the VTech monitor and camera.
- Unplug the devices from the Power Outlet.
- Wait for about 3 minutes, for full discharge.
- Plug the devices into a working power outlet.
- Hold the Power button on your mobile device.
- When the prompt appears, Shutdown the phone.
- Hold and press the Power button again.
- Turn on your phone and VTech setup.
Solution #4 Verify Network Connection!
It is crucial and mandatory that the VTech app, camera, and monitor are getting a stable and fast network connection.
Therefore, check the network speed and be sure that the camera, monitor, and mobile are connected to the same WiFi broadband, hence network frequency.
Tip: First connect your mobile to the WiFi and test whether you’ve got internet at all.
How To Test Internet Speed:
- Connect your device to the VTech setup’s WiFi.
- Open an Online Browser and go to SpeedTest.Net.
- Tap on the “GO” button and wait for the measure.
- Anything below 5Mbps is considered slow.
How To Test Internet Consistency:
- Connect a Windows computer to the WiFi.
- Tap on the Start Menu and type “CMD”.
- Right-click the Command Prompt.
- Click on Open As Administrator.
- In the CMD, type “ping 184.108.40.206 -t”.
- Press the Enter button.
- Wait for at least 60 seconds.
If you see consistent pings, as shown in the image below, your internet is fine, but if you see lines “request timed out”, your internet is dropping.
Note: Solve any internet issues before continuing further!
Solution #5 Update The VTech App
You should check the VTech monitor app version and ensure it is up to date since it will automatically address all bugs.
If the current app version on your device is outdated then that’s why the application is behaving weirdly, where a firmware upgrade is necessary!
Here is how to update the VTech app:
- Go to your mobile Play Store or App Store.
- Search for the VTech App from the search bar.
- Tap on the app name.
- Look for the Update button and select it.
- Wait until the update process of the app completes.
- Launch the app once it updates completely.
- Test the app and check if it is working.
Note: Ensure that the VTech camera, baby monitor, and your mobile are also up to date!
Solution #6 Check The App Permissions!
It is quite necessary that required permissions for the VTech app must be granted.
The application surely asked you to enable them upon installation but if you clicked on “Decline” probably that’s what caused the VTech app issue.
Here is how to check the VTech app permissions:
- Go to your device Settings.
- Tap on Application Management from the menu list.
- Look for a VTech app.
- Tap on the app to check its permissions.
- First, Disable ALL of the permissions.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Then Enable ALL permissions.
- Start the VTech app and check if it is working.
Note: If the above method doesn't fix the issue, then move on to try the other following ways!
Solution #7 Clear VTech App Cache
Clearing the application cache data will most often fix the app issue because over time the app will build up quite a lot of cache, which sometimes impacts the app performance.
Therefore, you need to erase the VTech app cache and if possible then clear the app data as well.
Here is how to remove the VTech app cache:
- Open your device Settings.
- Navigate to Application Management.
- Look for a VTech app.
- Select the app name.
- Then tap on the Clear Cache button.
- You can also tap on Clear App data. (Optional)
- Relaunch the app and check if it is working or not.
Note: Clearing App data will refresh the login session so you’ll need to sign in!
Solution #8 Reinstall The VTech App!
If the app is still not working after attempting the aforementioned solutions, you’ll need to perform a clean reinstalling of the VTech app.
Sometimes this is the only solution when nothing seems to be helping so it’s worth the try!
Here is how to cleanly reinstall the VTech app:
- Completely Uninstall the VTech app from your device!
- Next, go to your device’s App Store or Play Store.
- Search for the VTech app from the search bar.
- Tap on the app to go to its settings.
- Then tap on the Install button.
- Wait for about 2 minutes until the installation completes.
- Once the app is installed, launch the app.
- Sign in to the VTech account credentials to use the app.
In case that didn’t help also the VTech app is still not working, go to the final solution!
Solution #9 Reset The Monitor & Camera
Even after attempting all solutions, it is still possible that the VTech app isn’t working because it cannot connect to the setup devices, such as the monitor or camera.
In this case, the app may not be the issue so you’ll need to reset both the camera and monitor to solve the problem!
How To Reset The VTech Camera?
- Find the Pair button from the front of the camera.
- Press and hold the Pair button for about 20 seconds.
- Then release the button.
How To Reset The VTech Monitor?
- Locate the Reset pinhole from the back.
- Take a toothpick and reach into the pinhole.
- Then click and hold the Reset Key for 10 seconds.
- Wait for the monitor to reset.
In case the app is not working after ALL of the solutions then contact VTech Support for further assistance.
Also, don’t forget to share what you’ve attempted in this guide to save some time!
Whenever a VTech baby monitor app not working, restart the camera, monitor, and app, and make sure that all pieces in the setup are up to date.
The next step is to thoroughly check our network connection, clear the VTech app cache, and perform a reinstallation!
- Why Does Pluto TV Play The Same Episodes? – Quick Fix Guide - September 19, 2023
- Sceptre TV HDMI Not Working? – Here’s How to Fix - September 16, 2023
- Sensi Thermostat Provisioning Error?- (Here’s How to Fix) - September 14, 2023