If you are wondering how to reset Insignia Fire TV remote, you are in the right place. Whether you’re looking to simply restart or factory reset your Fire TV remote, in this post we are going to provide you with the right way of doing so.
If you read along, our tips and recommendations throughout the post will help you know if you’re doing things right and guide you through all steps.
There are a bunch of methods to restart and reset your Insignia Fire TV remote.
The simplest way to reset your remote remains by pressing and holding a specific sequence of buttons that we are going to explain just a little further in the post.
There are, however, some differences between the regular edition and generations of remotes.
In that regard, we have prepared steps for different models and most likely we have a guide specifically for your Fire TV remote.
How to Restart Insignia Fire TV Remote Easily?
Before we jump right into all methods of factory resetting your Insignia Fire TV remote, we are going to take a look at how to perform a simple restart.
Take out the batteries for at least 3 minutes and put them back in. Now you have successfully restarted your Fire TV remote.
The simple restart just reboots the device providing you with a clean start. It is well-known that restarts are proven to resolve simple issues such as glitches and interference from other devices.
So, if you are experiencing any issues, performing a restart or also known as “power cycle” can resolve your problems.
If this is not what you were looking for under our next heading you will learn everything about factory resetting Insignia Fire TV remotes.
How to Reset Insignia Fire TV Remote Fast?
Here you will learn how to perform a reset, which is not the same as restarting. The factory reset will revert your device as it was when started for the first time.
Depending on your Fire TV remote model, down below you will find a precise step-by-step guide to factory reset each.
We shall start with the basic insignia Fire TV remotes first.
Basic Insignia Fire TV Remotes
To reset a basic Insignia Fire TV remote follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the Home button
- While holding press the Menu button three times
- Release the Home button
- Press the Menu button nine times
- Remove the batteries from your Insignia Fire TV remote
- Unplug your Fire TV from the power outlet and wait 60 seconds
- Plug in your Fire TV to the power and put the batteries back in the remote
- When the Home Screen appears, press and hold the Home button for 40 seconds
After about 60 seconds the setup should be completed and your remote shall be restored to default settings and successfully paired with your Fire TV. If it did not work from the first time,
1st Gen Alexa Voice Remote
If you are using this model, the remote won’t have a power button nor volume up/down buttons.
In that regard, here is how to perform a factory reset in a few simple steps:
- Unplug your Fire TV from the power outlet for about 60 seconds
- Simultaneously press and hold the Left button (left side of the circular button in the middle of the remote) and the Menu button
- Hold both buttons for at least 15 seconds
- Release the buttons and after 5 seconds remove the batteries from the remote
- Plug your Fire TV back in the power outlet
- Insert the batteries back in the remote
- Press the Home button on the remote
Your remote should be restored to its default state and successfully paired to your Fire TV.
If the remote still hasn’t paired, press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds.
The above-listed steps also apply for the following Fire TV remotes models:
- Alexa Voice Remote (with buttons).
- Alexa Voice Remote Lite.
- Fire TV Edition TV Remotes.
- Fire TV Edition Soundbar Remotes.
If you are using one of these Fire TV remotes you won’t be having trouble restoring them by following the steps above.
How to Reset Insignia Fire TV Without Remote?
Here we will explain how to reset your Fire TV to default settings without using a remote.
Note that all personal configurations will be permanently lost, so we recommend backing them up if you want to restore them after the reset.
- Plug out your Fire TV from the power outlet
- Press and hold the Power button
- While holding the Power button plug your TV back in the power outlet
- Once the Fire TV stars you can release off the Power button
- Press the Power button two times to highlight “wipe data/factory reset”
- Press and hold the Power button to select the highlighted opinion
- Highlight “yes” using the power button and then hold it to select
Once ready your Fire TV will reboot and restore itself to default setting without using the remote.
This is how to reset Insignia Fire TV without remote quick and easy.
What Remotes Work with Insignia Fire TV?
We hope that by now you learned how to reset Insignia Fire TV with remote.
But if you are here because you have an issue with your remote and even factory reset did not help, here are all the remotes that are supported by Fire TV:
- Logitech Harmony Elite (Premium)
- Harmony 950
- Harmony Companion
- Alex Voice Remotes
- OEM Replacement
- OEM Device Universal
If you are using one of these remotes to connect to your Fire TV, we can guarantee that it is supported.
If you have performed a factory reset using the steps earlier in the post and the remote is still not working we recommend contacting the official customer service.
You can explain your issue in detail and hopefully, they will come up with an effective approach to resolve your problem.
Mentioning what you have tried in this post might save you a lot of time when corresponding with customer service.
Can I Use Insignia Fire TV Without A Remote?
Assuming that you’ve landed here because you were looking for a factory reset on your remote, we have figured that you might experience an issue with your Fire TV remote.
Now you know how to reset a Fire TV remote, it is easy to solve a variety of issues, but if your issue still persists now you will learn how to use your 3rd party device as a Fire TV remote.
You can use any mobile device such as (smartphone, tablet, and even laptop).
- Connect the device you’re using to the same network as your Insignia Fire TV
- Navigate to the dedicated application store (the Fire TV app is available for both Android and iOS
- Open the Fire TV application on the device you’re trying to connect
- Follow the prompts that will appear
- Select the Fire TV device you would like to remotely control
This way you will never worry about where your remote went or why it is not working again.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a remote we recommend buying one of the supported remotes that we’ve listed earlier.
Note that all universal remotes actually work with Insignia Fire TV and if you are having such an issue, there is nothing you can do.
We hope that our post was able to teach you how to reset Insignia Fire TV remote, regardless of the model or edition you’re using.
So far you’ve learned the differences between a restart and reset and how to do it properly.
In case your Fire TV remote simply does not work, we covered you by providing you a step-by-step tutorial to interact with your TV using a 3rd party device.
If you are interested in more technical solution content, our blog definitely has something for you to enjoy reading.
- Can Someone Else Access My Blink Camera? – Complete Facts! - September 19, 2022
- Can You Listen to Music on Nintendo Switch? A Complete Guide! - September 19, 2022
- How to Connect iHome Smart Plug to Google Home? Ultimate Guide! - September 19, 2022