Can I View My Geeni Camera Online? Yes, you definitely can. It is very convenient to view your Geeni camera from anywhere. However, you must set up a few things first.
You can view your Geeni camera from anywhere as long as it is online and you have a device connected to the internet. For example, you might view it on your computer’s browser or smartphone.
This guide will teach you everything you must know.
After that, you can seamlessly connect your Geeni camera and see it online!
Can I View My Geeni Camera Online? – Complete Guide
If you’re a Geeni camera owner, you may wonder if it’s possible to view your camera online.
The good news is that Geeni cameras are designed with remote viewing in mind, allowing you to access your camera’s footage anywhere with an internet connection.
This feature allows you to check in on your home or business from your smartphone, tablet, or computer, providing an added level of convenience and security.
Whether at work, on vacation, or just running errands, you can easily check in on your camera through the Geeni app or website.
This feature is convenient and provides peace of mind knowing that you can see what’s happening at your property at any time.
The Benefits Of Viewing Your Geeni Camera Online
You can view your camera from any device with an internet connection, such as a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
You can check on your home or business from anywhere, anytime, without being physically present.
Viewing your camera online can help you keep an eye on your home or business for security purposes.
Alerts: Some Geeni cameras offer motion detection and other useful alerts.
Some Geeni cameras have built-in microphones and speakers, allowing you to communicate with people in the camera’s field of view through the app or website.
How To View Your Geeni Camera Online
Are you looking to view your Geeni camera online but unsure where to start?
Good news – many methods are available for accessing your camera remotely.
Whether you prefer using a smartphone app, a website, or another device, you’ll have no trouble finding a method that works for you.
How to view the Geeni camera on a PC? This guide will walk you through the steps for viewing your Geeni camera online.
You can easily check in on your home or business from anywhere with an internet connection.
Method #1: Use The Geeni App
To set up a Geeni camera for online app viewing, follow these steps:
- Install the Geeni app on your smartphone or tablet
- Open the app
- Tap on the “Add a Device” button.
- Connect your smartphone or tablet to the same Wi-Fi network as the camera.
- Follow the in-app instructions to add the camera to your account.
After you set up your Geeni camera and app for the first time, you can check on the camera anytime you want.
To do that, you must follow these quick steps:
- Ensure the camera is connected to your Wi-Fi network and powered on.
- Open the app.
- Tap on the camera that you want to view.
- The camera’s live video will show up on your device.
Method #2: Use A Web Browser On Your Computer
Can I view my Geeni camera on a computer? To view your Geeni camera online using a web browser, ensure that you prepare correctly as instructed below.
Prepare For External Online Viewing
Method #1 is valid when you want to view your Geeni camera locally on your phone.
However, you probably want to check it from anywhere. In that case, more work is necessary:
- Determine the IP address of your router.
- Enter the IP address into a web browser and log in to the router’s administration panel.
- Once you are logged in to the router’s administration panel, look for a section labeled “Port Forwarding” or “Virtual Servers.”
Create a new rule for the Geeni camera in the Port Forwarding section.
You will need to specify the following information:
Select “TCP/UDP” or “TCP,” depending on the available options.
Enter the port number you want to use to access the camera over the internet.
This can be any number between 1 and 65535, but it’s best to choose a number above 1024 to avoid conflicts with other services.
Enter the same port number as the external port.
Internal IP Address
Enter the IP address of the Geeni camera.
You can typically find it in the app by tapping on the camera’s icon and looking for the “Device Information” or “Network Settings” section.
Enter a name for the camera, such as “Geeni Camera” or “Living Room Camera.”
Save the new rule and ensure that port forwarding is enabled on the router.
Note: The IP address typically can be found on the back of the router or in the documentation that came with it.
You may also be able to find it by running the “ipconfig” command in the Command Prompt on a Windows computer or the “ifconfig” command on a Mac.
Check On Your Camera
You can follow these quick steps to check on your camera from any computer:
- Find the IP address of your camera.
- Open a web browser on your computer or mobile device
- Enter the IP address of your camera into the address bar.
- You may be prompted to enter a username and password to access your camera.
- The camera’s live video feed will appear in your web browser.
Tip: The IP address is usually available in the documentation with your camera or the camera's settings menu. It must contain the username and password too.
Method #3: View With Amazon Alexa
To view a Geeni camera online using Alexa, you must set up the Geeni skill in the Alexa app.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Alexa app
- Tap on the “Skills & Games” icon in the bottom menu.
- Tap on the magnifying glass icon in the top right corner
- Search for “Geeni.”
- Tap on the “Geeni” skill in the search results.
- Tap the “Enable to Use” button to add the skill to your Alexa account.
Follow the on-screen instructions to link your Geeni account to Alexa. That typically involves signing in to your Geeni account and giving Alexa permission to access your devices.
Once the skill is set up, you can view the live feed from your Geeni camera.
You need to say something like “Alexa, show me the living room camera” or “Alexa, display the bedroom camera.”
Method #4: Connect To Google Smart Hub
To view a Geeni camera online using a Google Smart Hub, you will need to add the Geeni camera as a device in the Google Home app.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Google Home app
- Tap on the “Add” button in the top right corner.
- Tap on the “Set up device” option
- Select “Have something already set up?”
- Search for “Geeni” in the list of available services
- Tap on it.
Follow the on-screen instructions to link your Geeni account to the Google Home app.
Once the camera is added to the Google Home app, say something like “Hey Google, show me the living room camera” or “Ok, Google, display the bedroom camera.”
What We Learned
Can I View My Geeni Camera Online? You definitely can! Setting up is easy, as Geeni has a dedicated app.
However, you will also need to handle your router’s info if you want to see the camera online whenever you are not home.
- Wyze Camera Making Noise? – (7 Proven Solutions!) - December 10, 2023
- Philips Roku TV Won’t Turn On No Red Light? (6 Quick Fix!) - December 10, 2023
- Shark Robot Vacuum Obstruction Error? (7 Proven Solutions) - December 7, 2023